Back to Careers
SUMMARY: Child and Family Therapist
Jewish Family Service of Rochester, Inc. (JFS) is seeking a part-time with potential for full-time, Child & Family Therapist who is passionate about providing treatment to children and families to empower and improve their lives. In addition to providing ongoing counseling to children and families, the clinician will design and facilitate support groups and psychoeducational offerings. They will report to the Chief Program Officer of Child & Family Services. This is an hourly position.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Provide ongoing clinical counseling to children and families.
- Keep accurate client records according to JFS and best practice.
- Design and facilitate support groups and psychoeducational offerings.
- Assist in community outreach efforts and support marketing of JFS’ counseling services (e.g., distributing program materials and developing relationships with referral sources).
- Attend supervision, case consultations, staff meetings, and staff development activities.
- Function as part of the JFS team to meet the needs of clients and the agency.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
- New York State licensure as LCSW-R preferred. Other licensed professionals may be considered based on acceptance from insurance payers
- Availability to work some night/weekend hours (e.g., one night per week) preferred
- Willingness to provide therapy in the most appropriate setting to meet the clients’ needs (e.g., office or home) preferred
- Experience/training in Child-Parent Psychotherapy, Play Therapy, Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health, family therapy, mindfulness practices, or trauma-informed clinical practices preferred
- Experience or training (or willingness to be trained) in cultural humility, trauma-informed care, and reflective practice
- NYS Driver’s License
Minimum of 5 years working with children and families
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.