Back to Careers
SUMMARY: Administrative Assistant
Provide accounting and administrative support for the Chief Financial Officer and Agency. Duties include but not limited to; data entry, bill payment, reconciliations, reporting and clerical duties as needed. Able to work independently on specific tasks.
Full-time, Benefits, Flexible schedule; Office located in the City of Rochester. Business Casual attire. On-site parking provided. $14 -18/hr. 37.5 hour work week.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Perform accounting and clerical functions.
- Perform accounts payable. Open, sort, and record invoices. Work with other staff to obtain clarification of data distribution over programs and agency accounts.
- Check for reasonableness of all reviewed expenses and examine accounting documents to ascertain that transactions are properly supported.
- Record business transactions and key daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing and reconciliations as appropriate.
- Posting deposits, assist with banking needs.
- Required to attend all staff meeting and staff development as appropriate.
- Work with other administrative staff. Coverage as requested.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor and leadership.
- AAS Degree plus 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative support position or related experience. Previous experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational and technology skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel. Experience in Donor Perfect and Abila/MIP in accounting software preferred. Must be comfortable with general office equipment such as fax, printer, and office phone system.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills required, with the ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Candidate must have the ability to trouble shoot and problem solve.
Minimum of 3 years related experience
Sits for long periods. Valid Drivers license. Car necessary Lift up to 25 lbs.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.